Friday 27 July 2007

Pride & Prejudice

Unfortunately The Owl and I did not manage to meet up on Sunday. Secretly I was relieved as I was enjoying my love affair with my sofa.

The Owl and I did, however, meet up last night for dinner. Following dinner last night, I have decided that The Owl shall no longer be called The Owl. The Owl shall now be called Mr Darcy. Mr Darcy took me to Shepherds. Shepherds is a rather eccentric little spot frequented by politicos and cabbies. I have never been to a place like that before and it was filled with people who speak with the same perfect english inflections as Mr Darcy.

Mr Darcy and I spent the evening getting further acquainted and we never ran out of things to say. This may be because we agree on very little. Whereas I can see the absolute necessity of owning a Miu Miu handbag, Mr Darcy feels that the money would be better spent elsewhere. Mr Darcy also believes that all humans are intrinsically good, whereas I believe that if one is to avoid disappointment, one should own a dog. I am very surprised that Mr Darcy feels this way about humans given he deals with very troubled people on a daily basis. Mr Darcy has quickly found out that it is very difficult to win an argument against me and did, indeed, send me a text last night saying, "you have an air of frequently being proved right about you".

Unfortunately there was no holding of hands and gazing into eyes last night. In fact, there was no hanky panky at all. Mr Darcy walked me to get a cab and we had a quick peck on the lips (mind you, this is definitely a step up from kisses on both cheeks), a brief hug and off I went.

I feel as though I am trapped in a Victorian novel. It is all terribly civilized. If I lived in the 19th century I would half expect Mr Darcy to ask my father for my hand in marriage.

So will I see Mr Darcy again? Well, I'm not sure to be honest. I shall have to ponder it over the weekend and let you all know.

No comments: