Sunday 15 July 2007

Sunday afternoon dating

Today I had my second date with The Owl. It was supposed to be this morning but I drank too much red wine last night and had to postpone it to 3pm instead. Obviously I still had a get out clause. The idea was for my date to take place from 3-5pm so that I could help my best friend set up his bbq from 5pm. In actual fact our date lasted until 6pm and now, here I am at home, typing my blog. I have no friends who are silly enough to have bbq's on sunday evenings.

Do I like The Owl? Well, I'm not sure. He is rather bright as I've mentioned before but I can't help feeling that I went out of my way to make a bad impression. In fact, I was downright argumentative. But, given he's a barrister that should not be too much of a problem. After all, that's all he does with his time, argue.

I was convinced on parting ways that I would not hear from The Owl again. He is vehemently against drugs so I told him about myself and two friends taking marijuana across the Transkei in our university days and giving the police who pulled us over easter eggs to avoid having our car searched. It worked by the way - they waved us through. Oh - how I long for the days of my youth. Crime had no meaning.

But, I have heard from The Owl already so it appears that I will need to make a worse impression when we next see each other. I shall go dressed as a goth.

You may wonder why I am trying to make a bad impression and to be honest I am wondering the same thing.

Thoughts my fans?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One, don't go dressed as a goth. Go as Lindsay Lohan.

Two, you didn't set up the bbq because England is having no summer to speak of, is it? (Go on, tell the truth.)

Shiny said...

Mmm, I'd like one of those easter eggs now...