Thursday 26 April 2007

Casanova vs Don Juan

I plucked, I ruffled my feathers, I painted my nails and, as every women should do to make herself feel sexy, I bought a pair of hold ups.
I'm not really sure how to describe my date with the porcupine. It was almost like being in a science experiment. The man was, without a doubt, the most vain, vacuous person in the entire universe. He is the kind of guy who sits back and waits for the woman to impress him, he is good looking, after all.
After 2 vodkas, he suggested we go back to either his place or mine. When I declined, he was visibly shocked. He used the word "flummoxed", a word which in this day and age, is itself a sin against humanity. He made it clear to me that he had standards and that he was very picky about who he invited home with him.
I felt I had two options at this point:

  • I could either yawn loudly, thank him for the drinks and make a hasty retreat, or
  • I could take the other path - I could flirt outrageously. I could run my fingers through his hair, touch his hand, cock my head to the side, giggle, twirl my hair and make him believe (or rather confirm his belief) that he was the most attractive, sexy, most in demand man on the planet.
So ladies, that's what I did - I flirted. I let him buy me dinner. I listened whilst he told me I had great legs, great eyebrows (weird?), great teeth (even weirder). I let him "undress me with his eyes", I let him show me the three condoms in his wallet (yes, he came prepared) and I let him believe that I was going to cook him dinner the following week.
And most importantly, I let him tell me the difference between Casanova and Don Juan. He told me that whilst Don Juan slept with thousands of women because he didn't really care what they looked like or who they were, Casanova was much more picky. Yes my blogg readers, the man compared himself to Casanova.
And all the while, I continued to flirt.
After dinner, and a few more attempts to get me to go home with him, he walked me to the tube station. I was sad to see him go because it had been a long time since I had laughed so much. And of course, I was looking forward to his call.

No comments: