Friday 27 April 2007

The Nightingale

My choice for my second internet date was also somewhat of an experiment. Initially I had deleted The Nightingale from my shortlist, predominantly because he was holding a guitar in his second photo and my days of singing songs around the campfire are long gone. But then I changed my mind. I suddenly found it unbelievably sexy that the Nightingale is a full time musician. Possibly not as sexy as I find Brandon Flowers or Johnny Borrell, but since Brandon is married and Johnny is now dating Kirsten Dunst, I have been forced to look elsewhere.

So once again I met my date at a bar in North London. You have to love the blind date for what it is really...blind. You have to love it for those first 20 minutes of uncomfortable small talk with both of you trying your hardest to look cool, calm and collected. You have to love it for the fact that you both laugh at the fact that you are both using an internet dating site to meet people. In fact, you have to laugh that this is the same conversation you are likely to have with any internet date.

The Nightingale was lovely. He was unbelievably easy to talk to and 4 hours passed in the wink of an eye. This shocked me somewhat. In fact, it shocked me quite a lot. I couldn't help thinking that my blog today would be unbelievably boring. I mean, where were the porcupine phrases, where was the vanity, where was the weirdness? This wasn't going to work at all.

And then the Nightingale snogged me. Blog friends - it's been a long time since I snogged someone on a sofa in a bar. And it's been even longer since I snogged someone outside a tube station, pressed together, like 16 year olds.

And this left me wondering, when is one too old to snog in bars and on the road? 30? 40? 50? If I'm single at 60, will I still snog on the street? Well, one can only hope so.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Snogging at 60? Isn't that Mick Jagger does?

Anonymous said...

EDIT
Isn't that *what* Mick Jagger does?