Wednesday 25 April 2007

So which site?

I suppose the next issue for me was which dating site to join. Or, more specifically, which dating site would nobody that I work with be on. So, although I don't particularly care which cultural side of society the men I date come from, I went traditional / religious and back to my roots. The good thing about going back to one's roots is that one can immediately start narrowing the range of potential candidates. I think I may have narrowed my range by around 90%. On searching the site I realised that it's possible to narrow the range even more. You can pick a particular height, eye colour, hair colour - it's almost like genetically modifiable dating. You can stick all your requirements into the search engine, and hey presto, there, served up in a photographic list, your ideal matches. Or possibly not. Still...it's a start.
The next problem is deciding what to say in one's profile. It needs to be catchy but not cringe worthy. The picture needs to be good but not airbrushed. And most importantly, it should never be boring. So, with the help of my friends - a boy, a girl and a lesbian, my essay was posted.
And finally, with the spitting on palms and the clasping of hands, the rules were written. Two emails, a call and then a date. No time wasters please.

2 comments:

Shiny said...

It's me! It's me! You mentioned me (and him, and her)! I'm famous! Oh, hold on, you're going to be... Great site, you're a clever girl, no wonder they're all falling over their typing fingers to PM you! Shiny xxx

Shiny said...

P.S. I hope you noticed my use of "PM'.