Sunday 29 April 2007

Or maybe not...

This morning I cancelled my date with The Nightingale. Whilst he was racking his brain for somewhere ultra cool for us to go for dinner, I was sitting on my bed crying my little eyes out. What the hell was going on? Surely internet dating isn't supposed to lead to second dates? I would never have gotten involved in it if the possibility of this had even crossed my mind. And surely not second dates so soon after first dates? So I was left with no option really but to retreat at light speed back into the safety of dating at a distance.

I lied, of course, and said I had to go into work for an emergency on the same scale as Bill Clinton having an affair with Monica Lewinsky. He was openly gutted. So, I suggested next weekend. Surely this would give me enough time to get over the panic I was feeling? He texted me to say that he hoped I had a good week and if I needed anything to give him a call. He is lovely isn't he.

I then did what any woman would do - I bought a pair of shoes, three plants, a bottle of shiraz and a box of chocolates. I feel much better now.

So here is my plee to all of you reading this blog. If any of you know of any foxy man with a hot body who is looking for a one night stand, please ask him to post a comment on my blog. Please let him know that after our one night stand, I have no intention of ever seeing him again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Only one pair of shoes???

Leah said...

Actually - I tried on two but they only had my size in the one..