Tuesday 1 May 2007

Searching for new talent

In the panic that ensued following my successful date with The Nightingale, I decided to spread my wings and search for new talent. My memberhip with the religious internet dating site expired yesterday and after looking through 311 candidates and being suitable unimpressed, I decided to join another site. It's a fantastic site because you pick a friend who writes your profile for you. I picked my friend Shiny because she is pretty cool and has a way with words.

The men on the site seem interesting. Actually, they are hot - I don't really give a toss how interesting they are. Most of the people who have written about them are their "friend-girls" or "girl-friends". They say things like, "Richard is wonderful. It amazes me he hasn't been snapped up yet." I desperately want to write back, "well love, it's probably because he is totally in love with you." Shiny also gets to suggest potential suitors for me. She picked someone of 73 yesterday. I wonder if she was joking?

I also have an interview today with a "lunchtime dating service". Oh yes - matchmakers. This I think is quite fantastic. They interview you and then set you up on 90 minute lunchtime dates with potential suitors. It will be interesting to see who people I have never met before, and who will only know me from an hour interview, will set me up with. I wonder if I have delusions of grandeur or if I am really as wonderful and as gorgeous as my mother says?

No comments: