Friday 18 May 2007

The Rooster

First off, let me just say that the Rooster's photograph was somewhat misleading. Clearly, this it not the end of the world, but most certainly worth a mention.

I met the Rooster mid afternoon yesterday. He is an Essex boy. Please don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with an Essex boy, innit? Some of my best friends are from Essex. But that's what he is. A big drinker. And he smokes. As you can see, my cons list is already filling up.

After a week on the detox, I sucked back a vodka lime and then had a frozen Margarita. My eyes must have slowly moved down to half mast at which point I decided to stop sucking back the booze. Although, I have to say, the booze did help me enjoy his company more than I would have sobre. We then had an early dinner - at 5pm. And he paid. One for the pros column.

The Rooster and I have some things in common. We are both foodies and we both love good wine. But once again I am struck by the problem of not wanting to snog the Rooster even though the Rooster wants to snog me.

We parted ways at around 7.45pm which was a massive bonus as I made it home in time for the daily soap and ER. Perfect.

Since parting ways the Rooster has sent me 5 text messages and an email. The text messages keep on coming even though I have not responded. I am now fearing for my safety.

So, as you may have guessed, although the Rooster was on the "maybe ok for a second date" list last night, he is now firmly on the "never to be seen again no matter what" list.

I shall have to let him down gently.

p.s. he just sent me a text to say he is eating sushi for lunch. Say no more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would take compliment in the fact that he thinks you are irresistible. Pity about the over enthusiasm...didn't his mum, Sharon, teach him the golden rule 'be mean keep h(er) keen'.

Shiny said...

Good heavens, a stalking rooster? What fun - need updates - pronto. xxx