Friday 25 May 2007

Back by Popular Demand

I found out last night that my blog has become an important part of all your lives. So, even though I am taking a break from internet dating, I've decided to keep the blog going.

Why am I taking a break? Well, there are many reasons. The first is that the whole dating thing is kind of exhausting. It's particularly exhausting when you stress about meeting someone all day and then within 3 seconds of meeting them you know it's just not going to happen for you and now you need to spend the next 4 hours of your life making small talk. I've thought of many ways to make a quick exit from this sort of meeting without hurting anyone's feelings, but it's kind of tricky. I suppose the reality is that at some point there will be some guy who, as soon as he sees me, will be thinking - gawd - how am I gonna get out of this one? And I wonder what I'd prefer:
- for him to have one drink and then for us to part ways, or
- for him to force himself to spend an evening with me?
I'm thinking one drink and head for the hills.

The second reason I am taking a break is because I've been finding this whole dating thing a bit depressing. I've never been a big dater. If I've ever gone on a date with someone, it's someone I've already known and I know that I already like them. So going on dates with random men just makes you realise how difficult it is to find someone you really connect with.

Of course, there is always that bottle of tequila and the chance of meeting my Dr McDreamy in a bar somewhere? So, if anyone is looking for me this bank holiday weekend, I'll be hanging around hospital pubs in a pvc nurses uniform.

1 comment:

Shiny said...

Don't stop! Whose life will we be voyeurs to then? Hmm? Hmm?