Thursday 26 April 2007

The Porcupine

I supposed I picked "The Porcupine" (name changed to protect the innocent) because his essay was amusing. At the time, it seemed rather tongue in cheek. He said his political orientation was right wing (surely a joke? Who admits to that these days?) and that his perfect woman would make a clay face of him like the girl in the Hello video. I wrote back, asked him to marry me and said I was on my way out to buy the clay. And so it began.
For me, the porcupine was low risk. He was clearly not the relationship type, cared only about looks and body and immediately asked me to send him naked photos of myself. I suppose, at this stage, I should have walked away. But for anyone who has come out of a long term relationship, with little to no self confidence after months of pondering what went wrong and how things could have been done differently, the porcupine posed somewhat of a challenge. I declined to send the photos but did post a photo of myself in a little blue number and although he was concerned about my face, he said I had a good figure, "so I suppose that's something" (Quote). In response, I told him that I hoped I would find him attractive and he responded, "you will".
Perfect.
The date was set and I have to say, in the back of my mind, I thought he might see me, excuse himself to go to the little boys room, and never return.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds... err... promising? Eeek! You're a brave, brave lady.

Anonymous said...

It's me, in case you were wondering. (http://lobehold.tumblr.com/)